New! Online Coaching available. All enquiries (for in person or online training) please use the contact form here.
Current Public Classes:
Thursdays Pure Gym Purley 11am – Flexibility
Sundays SSP Caterham 10am – Gymnastic Rings, 11am – Get Refreshed
Now on Instagram. (2018)
Latest Blog here.
I work/play with the Human body; educating, training and teaching the general public, athletes, physical performers, and Health and Fitness professionals. Currently I also provide services to Surrey Strength and Performance and Pure Gym Purley.
In the main, I think the current model of general physical education, training and coaching promotes and reinforces mediocre ideas of what we as humans can be, or do, or can and should expect. Mostly we are dumbed down by those in the positions meaning or claiming to help and elevate us, spending time actively neglecting the full gamut of what the human is capable of whilst believing we are doing otherwise.
If you want what could tentatively be called a mature approach to physical education and training, that aims to develop you as a capable Human first, with byproducts of physical activity (strength, fitness, aesthetics etc) achieved, incidentally, not as ends in themselves, then drop me a message.
I work with people wanting high quality change. If you just want to lose/gain a few lbs of fat/muscle, I am not interested. If you want a best possible start, or to develop your skill, control etc. Whether that be for day to day, curiosity, performance, CPD or health then I may be interested in working with you. If I can’t help you, I will let you know.
Some possibly pertinent points:
Along with ongoing inquiry, the following inherited pools of knowledge inform aspects of what/how I teach and what you can learn:
- Traditional Strength & Conditioning and Physiotherapeutic methodologies
- Parkour (see below)
- Gymnastics, Handbalancing and Calisthenics
- Olympic Weightlifting
- Non-Yoga and Yoga(s) breathwork and flexibility methods
- Pilates, Feldenkrais and Alexander Techniques
- Chen Tai Qi and hunyuan and medical Qi Gong and various Martial Arts
- Some ‘weirder’ stuff like fasting, lucid dreaming/visualization, various counselling and therapy methods, hypnosis and NLP
- Currently loosely exploring the domain of Dance
I received a more traditional education in some disciplines:
- Received ‘Okuden’ level (Highest level below teacher) in 2011 in Traditional Japanese Medicine (involving the learning of massage, acupuncture and various osteopathic and physiotherapeutic techniques)
- Former member of Parkour Generations. Was invited to be one of the first ever ADAPT Level 1 qualified coaches in the world. Also received ADAPT Level 2 (returned this upon leaving Parkour Generations), trained and assessed future coaches.
- Formerly a member of the Register of Exercise Professionals. Left REPs in 2010/11.
- BA (Hons) in Economics
- Consulted for Men’s Health ‘Survival of the Fittest’, Runner’s World Trailblazer and London Rat Race.
- In 2010, along with 7 others, attempted and completed a 1,000 muscle up challenge in 8 hours 30 minutes. Read about it here. Watch documentary here and here
- healed my own broken leg and herniated neck without a cast or medical assistance. Helped others do similar (perhaps surprisingly)
- Previously interviewed and featured in Urban London, Vice Magazine and Outdoor Fitness Magazine