All enquiries, please use the contact form here.
Current Public Classes:
Thursdays Pure Gym Purley 11am – Flexibility
Sundays SSP Caterham 10am – Gymnastic Rings, 11am – Get Refreshed
I work/play with the Human body; educating, training and teaching the general public, athletes, physical performers, and Health and Fitness professionals. Currently I also provide services to Surrey Strength and Performance and Pure Gym Purley.
Generally I work in the spaces where convention fails to deliver what it promises/claims. Dissatisfied with the reach and scope of what was offered in the health, fitness and sport domains, for over 10 years I have looked into any area that seemed interesting, regardless of perceived relevance. My approach reflects the degree to which the breadth and depth of this investigation is effective.
Some possibly pertinent points:
Along with ongoing inquiry, the following inherited pools of knowledge inform aspects of what/how I teach:
- Traditional Strength & Conditioning and Physiotherapeutic methodologies
- Parkour (see below)
- Gymnastics, Handbalancing and Calisthenics
- Olympic Weightlifting
- Non-Yoga and Yoga(s) breathwork, and flexibility methods
- Pilates, Feldenkrais and Alexander Techniques and other Somatic approaches
- Chen Tai Qi and hunyuan and medical Qi Gong and various Martial Arts
- Some ‘weirder’ stuff like fasting, lucid dreaming/visualization, various counselling and therapy methods, hypnosis and NLP
- Currently loosely beginning exploring the domain of Contemporary Dance
I received a more traditional education in some disciplines:
- Received ‘Okuden’ level (Highest level below teacher) in 2011 in Traditional Japanese Medicine (involving the learning of massage, acupuncture and various osteopathic and physiotherapeutic techniques)
- Formerly on the team of Parkour Generations. Was invited to be one of the first ever ADAPT Level 1 qualified coaches in the world. Also received ADAPT Level 2 (returned this upon leaving Parkour Generations), taught and assessed potential future coaches.
- Formerly a member of the Register of Exercise Professionals. Left REPs in 2010/11.
- BA (Hons) in Economics
- Consulted for Men’s Health ‘Survival of the Fittest’, Runner’s World Trailblazer and London Rat Race.
- In 2010, along with 7 others, attempted and completed a 1,000 muscle up challenge in 8 hours 30 minutes. Read about it here. Watch documentary here and here
- healed my own broken leg and herniated neck without a cast or medical assistance. Helped others overcome chronic and acute issues.
- Previously interviewed and featured in Urban London, Vice Magazine and Outdoor Fitness Magazine